Bar Code Reader
- An electronic device used for reading printed bar codes.
- Consists of light source, lens, and light sensor for translating optical impulses into electrical ones.
- Also consists of decoder circuitry to analyze the barcode image data provided by sensor.
- This bar code identifies the product to the supermarket computer which has latest description and price.
- Computer automatically tells the electronic cash register the price.
- These are easy to use and widely used in electronic shops and malls.
- Pen type readers
- Laser scanners
- CCD readers
- Camera-based readers
- Omni-directional barcode scanners
- Cell phone cameras
Did you know
barcode labeling software and a barcode printer can help you to generate your own barcode labels.